Lung Cancer Screening Program
Program Director and Lead Radiologist
Leslie Kohman, MD
For information, call: 315 464-7460
Location: 550 Harrison Street, Suite C
Syracuse, NY Map & Directions
The best hope for curing lung cancer is finding it as early as possible. A lung CT scan takes just 20 seconds. The scan can detect tiny spots (also known as nodules) on your lungs years before they would ever be seen on a regular chest x-ray. These tiny nodules may be signs of early lung cancer.
The Upstate Cancer Center and the Upstate Radiology Department are offering a lung cancer screening program for current and former smokers with these requirements:
- 55-77 years of age
- Current or former smoker of at least one pack per day for 30 years or equivalent
- If you have quit smoking, it must be within the last 15 years.
Most insurance plans should cover the cost of this screening.
Contact your primary care physician for a referral.
Participants in the Lung Cancer Screening Program receive:
- A low dose CT scan performed at our American College of Radiology Accredited Center
- Free parking at the scanning location (550 Harrison Center)
- A professional reading and interpretation of the findings by a dedicated Chest Radiologist, certified by the American Board of Radiology
- Free tobacco cessation counseling as part of every screening visit
- Referrals to other medical professionals as well as access to Upstate's Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Program if anything worrisome is noticed on your scan
- Yearly scheduling reminders to you and your physician